ONE LAP OF LAIDLEY CBD
FROM 10.OO AM
terms and conditions of 2023 street parade entry
Children's (pre/primary/high school) Float
Sporting Group Float
Community Group Float
Historic/Antique Motor Vehicle Group Float
1. Parade Entry is open to businesses, schools, community organisations and individuals based within the Lockyer Valley region.
2. Entry in the parade is FREE.
3. To nominate your entry, you must complete and sign the approved Entry Form, Risk Assessment Check List, Media Consent Form and provide a copy of your Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency to Lockyer Valley Regional Council no later than 5.00pm on Tuesday 1 August 2023.
4. All parade entrants must pre-register. Registration on the day is not available.
5. Participants are required to remain in the marshalling area until 11am or earlier as indicated by the parade marshal once foot traffic has dispersed.
6. Refusal to provide required supporting documentation may lead to an entrant’s disqualification from the parade.
7. A category must be selected, or the entry will be invalid and not judged thereby forfeiting a prize.
8. Only one category per entry.
9. The judging will take place prior to the parade. The winners will be announced on the stage at a time to be advised closer to the event date. Winners in each category receive a rosette, with the Grand Champion receiving a rosette, $200 prize money and a perpetual shield.
10. All entrants must agree to follow all directions from the organisers, including parade marshals.
11. All entrants should ensure that their displays are free from obstructions and hazards to the public and participants.
12. All floats will be inspected prior to parade; if they are found to be non-compliant the group will be asked to rectify the issue before taking part in the 2023 Laidley Spring Festival Street Parade.
13. NO food or lollies to be ‘tossed’ into the spectators during the parade. Walkers may distribute such items in a safe manner. This is in line with the Risk Management Plan for the parade.
14. Prizes will be awarded to the Group/Organisation as named on the entry form.
15. Any prizes awarded will not be redeemable for cash.
16. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The judges’ reserve the right to withhold the prize if there are insufficient entries in the category.
18. The Laidley Spring Festival Street Parade will do one lap of the Laidley CBD as per the map provided in due course.
19. Entrants are reminded that it is their responsibility to comply with any safety matters or regulations relating to public liability.
20. Entrants must not breach any traffic laws and must follow the appropriate speed limit of 10km during the parade.
21. All vehicles carrying passengers must be roadworthy and currently registered including trailers and tractors.
22. The security of all the displays remains the sole responsibility of the entrant.
23. The organisers and sponsors accept no responsibility for damage, injury, or theft, which may occur because of your entry into this parade.
24. Lockyer Valley Regional Council accepts no responsibility or liability for any actions or incidents relating to or occurring during the parade.
25. Please ensure that you have adequate Property and Public Liability Insurance that protects you in relation to anything you propose doing as part of your participation in the parade.
26. All entrants agree to the organisers publicising their name, address and photographs taken in association with this event in any reasonable manner the organiser sees fit.
27. Failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions of entry may lead to cancellation of entry.